Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dear Clementine

This song was written about the movie
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
It's probably my favorite love story of all time. It was directed by Michel Gondry. I want this guy to make my music videos.

The images are just incredible in this movie. When Jim Carrey is going through his memories there are so many random images that go by. It reminds me of Blonde on Blonde era Bob Dylan and how he used such odd specific images but somehow you can relate to it very easily and draw on your own life. I dig it! Not that I'm on the same level as these amazing artists, but they totally influence me. I think this might be the first song I've written about a movie.

Someone else who may have influences this song: Andrew Bird. I saw him live at Millennium Park when I lived in Chicago and it was amazing. Those string plucking sounds on this song are just me trying to emulate the sound of his violin on guitar. I used this trick on a song on my last album called Takes One to Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment