Friday, October 7, 2011

Keep You Warm

This song is about taking care of the person you love even after you are gone. I wrote this song when I was freezing my ass off in Chicago.
Sometimes (more often than I'd like to admit) I feel like what I'm doing with my life is kind of pointless. If aliens were watching me from above they would think, "Why is this guy filling up notebooks of word vomit and making all this noise with these stringed wooden things?"

With this song I'm trying to say when I'm gone, just burn everything to keep yourself warm. All those notebooks really aren't important in the scheme of things. I hope this song gets that point across....and if not...oh well! I've already sent it to Itunes lol.

Also, please don't burn my album collection to keep yourself warm. Trust me, Jeff Buckley and The Beatles can keep ya comfy with their voices alone.

On an instrumental note, I think this is the first song I've recorded that features organ so prominently. I actually let my guitar take a break for once...or at least for about 23 seconds. There's actually alot of organ on this album, just very very low in the mix. I feel like it really thickens the sound up.

No comments:

Post a Comment