Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Skin and Bones

I threw my chronological order off a bit here because this song was actually written before Golden Days
but seriously who's keeping track.

E and I were house sitting in Kentucky and she was going through her Ghost Hunters/Paranormal State phase...You know those shows where they never actually see ANYTHING! Anywho, I was standing in the kitchen playing guitar after she went to bed. It wasn't that I couldn't sleep because of that TV show....Of course not, I mean...I'm a grown ass man....that stuff's for....shhh....what was that......Scoobie..?
I played that opening little riff of this song about a million times. Maybe the spookiness of that show and the darkness of that house inspired this song. It's all about being alive and knowing that there's something better in store for you and that you really do have a soul. "Everything that you've broken's made you real. Forget about your bones what's in your soul no one can steal."

No comments:

Post a Comment