Monday, October 3, 2011

Gone Now

I've decided to give a little insight into each individual track on "The Great Unknown." I'm going to do this in chronological order just for the fun of it. Today's track is Gone Now. Let's get to the oldies!
This song was originally released about 5 years ago on an out of print album of mine called "My Memories and Me." This is an ex-girlfriend song in all it's splendor.
I added new vocals, backwards guitar, claps and foot stomps to the new version.

The opening riff is highly, HIGHLY, influenced by Edith Piaf. The initial idea was to combine the sweetness of a French song with the intensity of the alternative/folk/indie/nonsense that I do. The guitar is tuned low to high DADGBbD. I think the tuning came when I was trying to figure out the Edith arrangement that had violin, horns, and whatever else those crazy French people play. Stay tuned for more!

-Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment