Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Mistakes

My cousin Jay tells me that I need to buy a mandolin already because I'm always trying to emulate one in my songs. This song's weird stringed noises are all done by guitar. I really put this guitar deception to work in a song a few albums ago called Boy's Girls and Fools. Check it out here.

I'm sure that my overdub obsession started with The Smashing Pumpkins and Queen when I was a teenager. This Queen song Keep Yourself Alive just blew my mind. Listen to that solo at 2:35...I mean come on!! I used Open E Tuning (EBEG#BE) on this song with a capo on the 2nd fret.

This song is a laundry list of mistakes that I've made in my life. And in the end I think they all happened for a reason. All of your mistakes can eventually lead you to the thing that makes you most happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment