Friday, October 14, 2011

Waiting Blues

I've always really loved the feel of Spanish music. I visited that sound on an old song called Deja Vu. Recently I'd been listening to a bit of Rodrigo y Gabriela and I think that sound had an influence on this song. It's one of the few groups that E. and I agree kick total ass. You can check them out HERE. Prepare to have your mind blown.

I tried to get some intensity in this song through some loud/soft dynamics. This song has minimal overdubs. Elizabeth wanted even fewer instruments (like always) but on this song there is still only 1 acoustic rhythm and 2 electric lead guitars. This is my weird version of a blues song.

This song is also going to have a video!!!! If you'd like to hear more about the Kickstarter campaign for the video you can go HERE. The guys from Mutual Co. are helping me get this thing off the ground and I think it's going to look fantastic. More details on that coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment