Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Your Every Move

For the guitar geeks out there, this song and Gone Now are both in DADGBbD tuning. Only this song has a capo at the second fret. Apparently this is my bitter song tuning, because both of those songs are kind of pissed off tunes.
In the beginning of the writing process I was just messing around with writing a 2nd song with that tuning for live purposes. I only take one guitar with me when I play live, so the less amount of tuning I have to do the happier the crowd is....or the drunker they are, I'm not sure really.

This song is about women who use other people just to get ahead. It specifically veers towards the entertainment/acting realm (yea you Paris). Women who show skin just to get ahead. That's all I have to say about that.

James Lee Smith recorded some amazing lead on this song. That solo definitely brought the intensity level up. It's always great to have some different guitar playing perspective on my recordings. He recently told me it was his favorite guitar solo that he's recorded to date. Pretty Awesome.

Also, my girlfriend, who this song is definitely NOT about!, she talked me into keeping the "Hip Hop" beat that is in this song. It was originally used as my click track to play along to, but she heard me playing it and made me keep it. I'm glad she did. It became the opening track on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment