Sunday, October 16, 2011

Leave It All Behind

One kooky thing about this song is the chorus. That weird guitar noise in the chorus is actually a keyboard ran through a distorted guitar amp. I love making crazy weirdo sounds. It's probably better that I don't have a band, because I would be able to make a whole lot more weird noises if I didn't have to hold down rhythm by myself all the time. In this song the stomping noises were done by my foot on a guitar case. Gotta make due without a drummer!

The guitar in this song is tuned low to high DADFBD.

This song was the last that I wrote for the album, I sort of gave myself a deadline at the end and this one snuck out. Sometimes deadlines can make cool things happen, sometimes they make nervous breakdowns happen. But since I can record everything at home, and have unlimited time pretty much, it leads to me trying to make everything perfect, but perfection doesn't exist. HERE is a link to a Seth Godin blog. I like some of the things that this fellow talks about. I think he helped me finish my album and take the plunge into being a working musician.

My new album The Great Unknown is available to buy HERE

1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about that song is when you use the Guitar case as a drum.

    ReplyDelete