Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Great Unknown

2 special guests on this track: James Lee Smith played lead guitar once again and Britt Scott sang backup vocals. Two Savannah Badasses. I hope to work with them again soon. I was listening to James' lead yesterday actually, and noticed how on the last note of solo he goes for a lower note, instead of a giant climactic high note like you'd usually hear in songs. It has a very tasteful effect. Especially because the chorus has more of a laid back underwater vibe anyways.

On a side note, it's so much easier to blog about someone else's playing/performance than it is your own.

In this song I'm reminiscing on the past, where I've been and realizing that the best things can happen when you give up and plunge into the great unknown. Now that can be about the highway, your future, or even God if you like. It's your call. It's your world, I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.


No comments:

Post a Comment