Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Golden Days

I recorded this song in my closet in Chicago. I always envisioned the chorus of this song being sang/sung/singded/(not sure) by an old circus announcer of some sort. The little dude who stands in the middle of the tent with a megaphone.
The lyric about "swinging on the willow tree" in the chorus, is one of my earliest memories in life. When I was young I remember two little girls swinging on the branches of their willow tree wearing church dresses. I think they were my neighbors. It just always stuck with me, so I decided to put it in the song....Although, with the way memories work I may have stolen that scene from Fried Green Tomatoes, or Forrest Gump. Oh well. It's my memory now!
This song is fun to listen to with headphones because the guitars pan left to right at the beginning. For a time I was thinking the whole album may turn into a little jazzy swing thing in the style of Golden Days because I like that style of music so much, but my writing tendencies were too scatterbrained for that to happen....Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment